|OMG! Aren't my watermelons the cute-i-est?|
I've created a little hammock for this one so the stem doesn't break.
In the past 24 hours, we have:
1. Dropped a 70-foot pine tree that was blocking evening sun from the solar panels.
2, Killed a copperhead snake hiding in a wood pile.
3. Cut the tree into 2-foot logs to be split tomorrow for future bonfires.
4. Burned off all the tree's needley top in a bonfire. Snake carcass burned, too.
5. Cleaned the mold growing inside the house because it's been so hot and humid. Yeah, I know. Gross. Luckily, boat life prepared me for this.
6. Pruned the tomatoes and watermelons.
7, Mowed the lawn areas.
8. Prepared a steak dinner for Mason, veggie tacos for Nan.
9. Slept 11 hours.
10. Designed a back yard for a North Chattanooga home.
11. Ate a delicious grilled cheese and tomato sandwich with tomatoes from the garden.
12. Mowed up by the lake.
13. Cleaned the chimney for the coming winter. (Involves a trip up on a VERY steep roof.)
14. Killed 16 Japanese beetles.
15. Pruned the watermelons, again.
16. Prepared a grilled shrimp dinner.
17. Watched "One Hour Photo" to honor Robin Williams' dramatic (i.e.: creepy) skills.
18. Walked the dog four times.
In all, not a bad life, I say.