Monday, August 4, 2014

Progress In the Veggie Garden


Ask Mason to pose for a photo with his latest achievement, and you get this:

Kilroy was here.
Isn't this better?
Hey, handsome!
But alas, isn't the new gate to my veggie garden cute? The fence isn't finished yet, and won't be till winter time, but hey, I have a really cute gate!  Especially since, before the gate arrived, we were having to duck under bird netting every day to water our plants. We also had to water using rainwater and watering cans until ... MASON RAN A WATER LINE OUT TO THE GARDEN!! Who's my hero?

That's my eggplant you see on the lower left of the upper photo; none of the flowers has set yet. Damn. But as I said before, I got started late. I've just started harvesting tomatoes, and the watermelon plant is now about 12 feet wide and several tiny little melons are charming us daily.

Wait! One more garden gate photo, and my happy place:

This is a trilobia rudbeckia ... Craig, what was the name of it again?
We'll be adding a pergola top to the whole garden fence, come winter. Patience, my friends.


We've invited new friends to come to the cabin on Wednesday for dinner. Pray for us, and for them ...




No comments:

Post a Comment