Thursday, April 16, 2015

Part Time, and No Time

I added those splashy hot pink (supposedly Hershey Red) azaleas last fall.  
I'm only working part time at the garden nursery, three days plus some at-home landscape designing, but I feel like I have no time at all for MY garden. It doesn't help, of course, that the past week has been nothing but rain. Sorry, Californian friends: No drought here!

Congo azaleas: Woody and boring most of the year, but lovely in spring!
We have managed to get a few things done: a strawberry planter in the veggie garden, a dozen or so new plants, weeding and more weeding.

New on the menu at Flat Top Kitchens: Homegrown strawberries.
We're also expecting apples, nectarines and plums this year. Maybe more blueberries, too,
if I bring some home this weekend. 
We're also working to restock our firewood supply for Winter 2015-16, but we're way behind schedule. (Did I mention the rain?) So far we've focused on clearing the future site of the guest "bunkhouse," which is now officially on the schedule for 2016, with some initial work getting done this year. Like chainsawing all 70-foot trees in danger of falling on said bunkhouse.

Future home of the "bunkhouse."
 And tonight, with great melancholy, we finished the last episode of the last season of "The Wire," which has been our main source of entertainment for the past three months, thanks to our pal Karen. Now I finally know what y'all have been raving about. Now that it's over, pour my misery ...  down in the hole ...


No comments:

Post a Comment